So one thing I have been seeing appear a lot these days is porn made using models in Source Filmmaker. It’s all been pretty good, made me feel like trying my own hand at it. It’s pretty much the future of the smut manipulation scene, so between all the crazy personal life stuff going on for the next few weeks, I have been sneaking in some time with it.
Honestly? I can’t stand that program.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty cool, and the method they use to animate seems like it would be pretty simple for those that get the hang of it, but years of using regular 3D programs make that program seem like unlocking a rubix cube. The whole workflow feels so drastically different, and the way they handle scenes and keyframes (or lack of keyframes) just throws me off every time. I have tried a few times now to animate in it, and each time I feel it takes me four times as long to make a simple humping animation. I envy people like Fugtrup that seem to use the program so easily and get such great motion out of it.
It got so infuriating I actually started looking for ways to just do this stuff my own way in my own programs. The good news? It’s possible! I found a program that can convert almost any game file into a usable FBX file, even Source files! The bad news? Fucking FLEXES. It seems rather then bones for the face, SFM uses what are called “Flexes”, or whole versions of the head morphed and then loaded into the MDL which the program uses to figure out things like expressions. What this means is I can export a model, but they wouldn’t be able to even open their mouths unless I re-do sections of the rig, and I hate painting weights. All because it’s not easily possible to export flexes.
I even attempted to figure out a conversion method to use XNLara files instead (another popular smut making program) since it does not use flexes, only to find out it requires like three versions of Blender, a out of date plugin, and a constant setting and unsettling of a windows environmental variable. Even after all that I never got the out of date plugin to work.
Why make this rant? Well one, it makes me feel better and gives me a reason to update, and second, because even with all the pain, I got one model to work. Thankfully whoever rigged her for SFM made sure her expressions still utilized bones. The ever popular Elizabeth.
I don’t plan to move entirely outside of my WoW art, because I enjoy it the most, in part because of it’s non-realistic styling. But… I like experimenting and trying new things and with all the craziness that is happening in my real life this month (Happy 1st Birthday today to my little orc) it felt like a fun thing to try between it all.
Anyways, enough rambling, enjoy this test shot using the converted models.
Due to the issues with Google Drive limits, I am adding an embedded version of the version uploaded on Naughty Machinema. I will come up with another download link later today or tonight for those that wish to download it. Created link to Sendspace download. Hope it works.
For better quality, turn the video to 720 by clicking the gear symbol in the video player.
Though it is crude, and there about ten thousands things I wish I did better (more like five hundred thousand), in the end I am happy with what I was able to accomplish with what little time I had. I need to take a break from video work for a bit after all the frustrations, so Part 2 will likely wait till November before I start working on it again. I plan to do smaller animations again and just relax a little. Either way, I hope you all enjoy my little foray back into video land.
Rexx Note: As you may notice some of the motions are similar to the last one I did with her. I had about two hours to bust this out, so I decided it was either make a spin of an older animation or not post anything at all. Hope you guys still like it.